Wasted visits

Thursday 20 June 2013

17th June 2013 - Remained at Heaton's Bridge

Julie and Stan live quite close so we had phoned last night to announce our arrival.  Julie texted to say she was coming over mid morning and we moved the boat 500 yards to be closer to Heaton's Bridge.  After a cuppa, she kindly ferried us to do some essential shopping and we popped in to McD's for lunch.

Both Stan and Julie came over for tea - and Stan brought some of his fishing kit in order to show me how it is done.  I have spent many happy hours drowning maggots and worms but have never ever caught a (fresh water) fish.  Suffice it to say, Stan soon had the fish queueing up to throw themselves onto his hook, so that when it came to my turn I had a bite fairly quickly.  After a heroic fight with the thrashing monster I managed to land it.  Record photographs were taken, but must have had the wrong lens on as it seems in the pictures to be only 2 inches long....

A study of concentration....

Managed to haul in the beast. My first catch
While Stan did a little better...  

No comments:

Post a Comment